Protection of Children Essential 3 for Adults
All clergy and parish, school and diocesan employees, as well as all volunteers who have either regular or unsupervised interaction with minors must complete the Essential 3 requirements:
* Background Check –The background check is run by an archdiocese-approved agency and provides a criminal history. This is an important step to screen out individuals who might present a danger to children and youth.
* VIRTUS: Protecting God’s Children for Adults Awareness Session Attendance – VIRTUS live training is a three hour awareness session which better equips adults to protect children and youth in the world around them. VIRTUS sessions are offered throughout year and at various locations across the archdiocese.
* Code of Conduct – A person must acknowledge that he or she understands and agrees to the principles and standards outlined in the code of conduct appropriate to his or her ministry.
Register at www.virtusonline.org
Questions? Contact Diane Swenson, St. Therese Safe Environment Coordinator at 952-473-4422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Actions to Take
- If a minor is in imminent danger, call your local law enforcement or 911
- If you suspect abuse of a minor, your first call should be to law enforcement. Hennepin County Sheriff: PHONE: 612-348-3744
- If you or someone you know has been sexually abused, your first call should be to law enforcement. Hennepin County Sheriff: PHONE: 612-348-3744
- If you suspect child abuse within a family, you should call your local child protection agency. Hennepin County Family Services: 612-348-3552
- If you or someone you know has been abused, exploited or harassed by a priest, deacon, or a Church employee or volunteer, you are encouraged to contact Victim/Survivor Assistance at (651) 291-4497.